The Colombia Accompaniment Program has just sent out a description of prayer requests for the displaced of Colombia and those in the Presbyterian Church of Colombia (IPC) who seek to support them. Please take a moment to read about these concerns and hold them in your thoughts and prayers.
Dear Colombia Accompaniers and friends,
Germán Zárate, Director of the Diaconía for the IPC (Iglesia Presbiteriana de Colombia, Presbyterian Church of Colombia) has requested our prayers in light of the new Land-Restitution initiative of the Santos Administration in Colombia. (Anastasia Moloney’s Sep 25th article gives some good background on the law, and on the concerns of rights groups: http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/colombias-land-reform-bill-raises-hopes-but-faces-hurdles/ ) In response to this request, please pray for the following:
• Pray for community – for IPC initiatives in working with displaced persons and finding ways to continue to network and integrate them with each other and the potential process of land return…
• Prayers for the displaced…for those who want to return to their land or gain access to the land(s) given that 90% of the land was never titled, and so the judicial obstacles and obstructions will be very high…
• Pray for justice…in the land rights movement in Colombia—for an end to “false victims” who try to illegally reclaim land and further infringe upon the rights of lawful displaced persons and for those who want to return to their land but are prevented from doing so by economic inequality…
• Pray for peace…this process does not trigger additional waves of violence and intimidation….
• Pray for strength…for the IPC—for their prophetic witness and ministry throughout Colombia…
We invite you to join us in this prayer for Colombia, and to spread these prayers throughout your prayer networks at your local congregation, in your Presbytery, in your community.
This entry was posted in Colombia
and tagged Colombia
, prayer concerns
. Bookmark the permalink